Why choose the NAC National Training Centre?
The NAC National Training Centre is owned and run by NAC (Domestic Appliances) Ltd. NAC are the UK’s leading fully independent, self sufficient, self generating and self reliant business within the Whitegoods Industry.
Currently, NAC employ Domestic Appliance Engineers in various parts of the UK and are proud to have an Independent Network of over 300 Engineers Nationwide – And that’s growing month after month!
- All our courses will be CPD Accredited Courses with the option to upgrade to City & Guilds Assured Accreditation.
- In some instances, we can go much further than just presenting our training! If you are successful in completing one of our courses, we can assist with employment opportunities if you are looking for an employed role (subject to vacancies with us directly or our partner companies) or we can enrol you on to the NAC Independent Network if you want to embark on a Self Employed career.
- Our Training Centre is a modern, well refurbished and very well equipped 2500 square foot building in just off the M1 motorway in Wakefield, with everything from Hotels, B&B’s and all City Centre amenities just minutes away.
- Our Trainers are current Engineers – That means that you are being trained by a real life Domestic Appliance Engineer, not someone with little or no experience that simply reads out of a book or points at pictures.
- We are Time Served – Between us all that are involved with NAC, we have well over 2 thousand years of experience!
- We like history but… We are modern! We look at what’s past as well as what is current, therefore our Training Programme can change from course to course, depending on what ‘Tech’ is out at the time – We adapt!
- We explain Recalls – When you leave the NAC National Training Centre, not only will you have had a good, solid introduction to the repair of Domestic Appliances, you will understand the extreme importance of Product Safety Recalls and what to do if you every see an appliance affected by a Product Safety Recall.
- We can send you out in a van – If you want some on-site / real experience as an observer, we can give you that! We can arrange for you to ‘buddy’ up with one of our locally employed Engineers so you can see first hand what’s what when you are on the road – There would be a fee payable for this experience and we have to arrange insurance for you so if this is something you would be interested in, please mention it on arrival.
- We don’t just wave goodbye – We can offer on-going support! We have a Facebook Group that as a graduate, you can have immediate access to where there is a whole world of knowledge and experience that can help you out via its members. You are never alone with NAC!
- On-Site Health & Safety and Risk Assessments
- Safe Isolation and Appliance Safety Testing
- Basic Plumbing and Installation of appliances
- The cycles of appliances (the order in which things happen for a machine to finish its job)
- Individual Components – Understanding of what they do, how they affect the appliance in the case of failure and how to test them during fault finding
- Lots of hands on – Stripping appliances down to component level
- Repairs to: Washing Machines, Tumble / Condenser and Heat Pump Dryers, Dishwashers, Electric Cookers / Ovens & Hobs, Microwaves and Fridge Freezers (including System Repairs – ReGassing R600a)