The Cooker Repair Training course has been designed for people with little or no previous experience diagnosing faults and carrying out repairs to cooking products.
On our cooker repair training course, you will arrive having maybe never carried out repairs to cookers, ovens or hobs. This course is ideal for current Engineers that want to expand their skill-set to include cooking products in their skills portfolio.
During your training with us, we will cover:
- Operation of both conventional and fan assisted ovens
- Control Systems, Timers and Thermostats
- Elements and Fan Motors
- Door Removal
- Electric Ceramic Hobs – Operation and Component Testing
- Induction Hobs – Operation and Component Testing
On completion of training, you will sit an assessment whereby upon passing, you will receive a CPD Accredited Certificate which will demonstrate that you have an understanding in to the operation of cooking products and the ability to diagnose faults on electric cookers, ovens and hobs.
Why choose the NAC National Training Centre?
The NAC National Training Centre is owned and run by NAC (Domestic Appliances) Ltd (also known as National Appliance Care). National Appliance Care is the UK’s leading fully independent, self sufficient, self generating and self reliant business within the Whitegoods Industry.
Currently, NAC employ Domestic Appliance Engineers in various parts of the UK and are proud to have an Independent Network of over 200 Engineers Nationwide – And that’s growing month after month!
- All our courses will be CPD Accredited Courses.
- In some instances, we can go much further than just presenting our training! If you are successful in completing one of our courses, we can assist with employment if you are looking for an employed role (subject to vacancies with us directly or our partner companies) or we can enrol you on to the NAC Independent Network if you want to embark on a Self Employed career.
- Our Training Centre is a modern, well refurbished and very well equipped 2500 square foot building in Central Wakefield with everything from Hotels, B&B’s and all City Centre amenities just minutes away (walking)!
- Our Trainers are current Engineers – That means that you are being trained by a real life Domestic Appliance Engineer, not someone who just reads out of a book or points at pictures.
- We are Time Served – Between us all that are involved with NAC, we have well over 2 thousand years of experience!
- We like history but… We are modern! We look at what’s past as well as what is current, therefore our Training Programme can change from course to course, depending on what ‘Tech’ is out at the time – We adapt!
- We explain Recalls – When you leave the NAC National Training Centre, not only will you have had a good, solid introduction to the repair of Domestic Appliances, you will understand the extreme importance of Product Safety Recalls and what to do if you every see an appliance affected by a Product Safety Recall.
- We can send you out in a van – If you want some on-site / real experience as an observer, we can give you that! We can arrange for you to ‘buddy’ up with one of our locally employed Engineers so you can see first hand what’s what when you are on the road!
- We don’t just wave goodbye – We can offer on-going support! We have a Facebook Group that as a graduate, you can have immediate access to where there is a whole world of knowledge and experience that can help you out via its members. You are never alone with NAC!
If you are someone with no experience and you are thinking about joining the industry, we have a Facebook Group dedicated to you where you can ask questions and chat with current Engineers to get an insight in to the industry! Please follow and join: https://www.facebook.com/groups/appliancerepairtraining/
Oops… If you have found this page while looking for a cooker, oven or hob repair, not training, please visit the NAC Repair Website.
Being based in Central Wakefield, there are numerous Hotels and B&B’s nearby. In fact, the Premier Inn (Rhubarb Triangle) is only a 1 minute walk from us… Link here.
If you would like to stay in a more homely B&B style hotel, here are a few recommendations that we have visited personally. We have also negotiated a small discount for candidates attending one of our courses – Simply take our booking confirmation with you when you arrive to enjoy the discount.
Booking a Training Course
By Booking a Training Course at the NAC National Training Centre, you agree to the following Terms and Conditions
Acceptance of Booking
All bookings whether made online or over the telephone are subject to acceptance. When you book a course, you will be allocated a space and once allocated, will be confirmed. We will email you to confirm that you have secured your place.
In the event that multiple people book a course in the same time-frame or for any other reason that NAC decide not to confirm your booking, we will email you and refund any deposit you have paid.
On-Site Health and Safety
It is a condition of your booking that when you attend the NAC National Training Centre, you will bring with you the following items of PPE (Personal Protective Equipment):
- Safety Footwear (Steel Toecap Footwear)
- Safety Gloves
- Arm Protective Sleeves
If you do not own any of the above PPE, you can purchase some on arrival. You will not be able to carry out any practical training without your PPE and therefore will not be able to take part on your course.
While at the NAC National Training Centre, you will have access to our Health and Safety Policy and Risk Assessments and you will be subject to the policies. Any Health and Safety breach may result in dismissal from the course with no refund given.
What is included in the Training Fee?
The Training Fee that you pay includes VAT. The Training Fee you pay will cover all the time for the training, refreshments during the day (water, tea / coffee) and training materials that we issue you to take away. Training Fees do not include: Accommodation, Travel Costs, Meals while away from home or any other out of pocket expenses incurred by attending one of our courses.
Cancelling your Training
If you need to cancel your training, you can do so up until 24 Hours before the start of your training and you will receive a full refund, minus your deposit.
If you cancel within 24 Hours of your start date, we will not be able to refund your Training fee.
In all circumstances, Deposits are Non-Refundable.
Paying for Courses (balances)
When booking a course, you have the option of paying in full or paying a deposit. Where a deposit is paid, the remaining balance is due on or before 10 days prior to the course start date. Where the remaining payment has not been received, we will take the remaining balance from the card which paid your deposit. We will email you upon payment receipt with confirmation of payment and course booking.
Any Training Material provided by the NAC National Training Centre are for your use only. All Training Materials are Copyright and are not to be copied, shared or duplicated in any way.
Our Training Materials contain information intended to be used for the purpose or training within the NAC National Training Centre.
While training at the NAC National Training Centre, we have a duty of care to all attendees. We will not tolerate any form of bullying, harassment or foul language on any of our training courses or at any of our training locations.
If you feel that you have been a victim of bullying, harassment or foul language, you should immediately notify your trainer.
If you are found to be involved in any bullying, harassment or using foul language, you might be asked to leave the training course and no refund will be given for the training.
Any attendee found to be intoxicated or under the influence of any illegal drugs will be dismissed from the training course and no refund will be given.
We reserve the right to cancel, edit or amend course dates and content. If we change or cancel any course dates that affect your desire or ability to attend, you will receive a full refund.
In the unlikely event that you wish to make a complaint about your training, please email your complaint to email@example.com. All complaints need to be emailed so there is an audit trail of what’s being complained about and what the resolution was. Please note that staff at the NAC Training Centre will be unable to help with any complaint over the telephone so as we are rigid in keeping complaints to emails and audit trails in place. Any complaint email will be investigated within 24 Hours of receipt and an NAC Representative will contact you to confirm that your complaint has been received and it is being investigated.
All inbound and outbound calls are recorded for training and monitoring purposes.
Amending these Terms & Conditions
We reserve the right to change these terms and conditions at any time and without notice. Any such changes will take effect when posted on the website and it is your responsibility to read these terms each time you place a booking. By placing a booking you are indicating your acceptance to be bound by the latest terms and conditions.
Doors open at 08:30 on training days where the kettle will be on and biscuits out. We then start our training day at 9AM sharp and finish anywhere between 4-6PM, depending on how well the day has gone.
What to bring
Our courses are made for the 2020 Era! All of our courses are interactive and you will need a Laptop or a Tablet device for your registration, course progression and assessments. The only resource you will need on your device is a web browser so it does not need to be anything fancy.
If you do not own a Laptop or Tablet, please let us know in advance and we will provide one for the duration of the training event.